Sunday, January 11, 2015

find your own bliss

eXtreme Challenge #6: discover something that brings you bliss and do it often

Today I was having a discussion with some family members about different types of vacations.  My aunt loves Vegas because for her a vacation is all about having a variety of things to do. My hubby's idea of a perfect vacation would be exploring a European city. And for me it is all about warm weather.  Relaxing in the sun, a few activities and a good drink. This truly is my happy place. I can close my eyes right now and hear the ocean waves. Bliss.

The problem is that I am not surrounded by sun and Palm trees. Rather I am looking out the window at the never ending snow staring at the long overdue to take down Christmas tree in our living room. And that is when it hit me. I need to feel that bliss. But jetting off to some island is not an option today and I don't have mother nature's number or I would ring her and tell her to lay off.

So instead I tried to think what are the other things in my life that give me the same type of joy and peace of mind: and then it came to me. My weekly massage. The dedicated hour just for me, my thoughts and mindful breathing (the closest thing I get to meditation). It is for me pure bliss. Joy that I really can't explain. I walk away from it each time feeling like I just went on a mini vacation.

There are many other ways to feel that same type of joy- snuggling with your loved ones, having a perfectly clean kitchen, sleeping past your alarm, sky diving - whatever it is for you, find IT and do IT often.  Life's too short to not enjoy your own kinda sunshine!





No comments:

Post a Comment